**CORONAVIRUS UPDATE 2ND SEPTEMBER 2020**
I am happy to announce that in-person 1-2-1 teaching can recommence from September 14th 2020, local lockdowns permitting 🙂
This can only happen if everyone abides by the rules, so please read the guidance below…
I will continue to offer Zoom lessons online at the standard rate for those who are shielding or who want to pursue long-distance lessons.
It is important to stress that while I will make every effort to assess and minimise the risk, face to face tuition will never be entirely free of risk of contracting COVID-19 and that by agreeing to face to face lessons you accept this.
It has been confirmed by the government that the teaching of singing, including one to one tuition, can take place as long as the relevant guidance is followed (see link here). A key part of this guidance includes a full risk assessment of the premises, which I have now completed.
Steps taken to ensure your safety in my studio are as follows:
• A distance of at least 3-4 metres to be kept between myself and the student
• Room to be well ventilated with opened doors and windows (bring a jumper!)
• Use of a HEPA filter to clean air
• I will wear a transparent face mask at all times
• Room will be thoroughly cleaned and aired, with a minimum of 30 minutes between each student
• Students’ temperatures must be taken at front door before entry and hand sanitiser applied regularly by both teacher and student. This is standard procedure for many places such as restaurants, gyms etc. and I believe is sensible to protect everyone as much as possible
• I have full public liability insurance provided by the Musicians’ Union
Please can I ask that you do not come to lessons if you are not well or are vulnerable, and that you bring your own water bottle.
A warm welcome!
I’m Jo Sear and I specialise in rock/pop/musical theatre styles (no Classical here!).
Whether you are an experienced professional looking to improve technique and boost your stamina, or a beginner aged 14 and up wanting to learn more about what your voice can do, I will be happy to help you on your journey. I have over 12 years’ experience of vocal teaching and many more years of professional performance under my belt – I know what it’s like to perform every weekend with a working band in different environments, sing take after take in a studio or face an examiner or audition panel. Whatever it is you want to do, in whatever style you prefer, I can help you through it.
I pride myself on being a supportive, encouraging teacher who wants every student to feel welcome and at ease. I look forward to meeting you!